Mortice Privacy Lock - Reversible Latch - Including Privacy Cylinder
This Hansdörf™ commercial quality privacy mortice lock is suitable for internal privacy doors such as bathrooms and bedrooms. It matches perfectly to our lever handle kit series. Its brushed solid stainless steel face plate, strike plate and cylinder provide a architectural finish to your door. The privacy-bolt is operated from the inside with the thumb latch cylinder (included), which matches up perfectly with the escutcheon plates in our lever handle range.
Euro profile cylinders
Also known as Door Lock Cylinders are key operated devices that are used to engage the main locking mechanism of the door lock. This cylinder may be changed without altering the boltwork hardware and instead only requires loosening a set screw, then sliding the cylinder from the boltwork. it is usually possible to obtain cylinders in different formats that can all be used with the same type of key. Available with key operation from both sides, or key operation from the outside and knob-turn operation from the inside depending on your preference and needs.
Secure locking mechanism
This mortice lock provides more security than the privacy lever sets we sell as it has a separate double turn dead bolt operated by the the thumb latch. Some customers simply prefer the look of the separate escutcheon plate on bathroom and bedroom doors.
- Double turn 20mm privacy bolt
- 12mm reversible latchbolt (so can be installed on left and right handed and inward or outward doors)
- It has a standard 60mm backset (distance from the key hole to the door edge).
- Includes standard thumb latch Euro Profile Cylinder with ability to emergency open from outside
- Compatible with our lever handle kit series (handle fits spindle hole and Escutcheon also fits Euro profile cylinder)
- Suits any door thickness
Full installation kit
Unlike other kits on the market where the cylinder, plates and rebate-hardware is additional, this kit includes all you need for installation:
- Face plates
- Plastic rebate liner
- All fixing screws
- Lever handle, escutcheons (key hole plates), and key cylinder are sold separately
Click on the book to download the instruction manual (PDF) for this product.